Sr. Technical Software Business Analyst
Job Status: Fulltime
Location: Markham, ON
Orbit Group has developed a powerful enterprise software solution known as Compas™ Created to elevate the human performance system of global contact centres, back-office and retail industries. Compas™ provides the capability for each and every client's team member to realize their full performance potential creating opportunity to exceed best-in-class levels.
You are an experienced Technical Business Systems Analyst who has worked within a software product company (B2B highly preferred). You will also have experience within a start up organization where your skills have been used to design, organize and implement documentation standards and templates. We are looking for a person who wants to join a dynamic environment focused on developing innovative product capability at the highest possible quality. You are passionate about delivering new software capability to our customers that will make them more successful in their jobs and elevate the market position of Orbit. You have experience in both waterfall and Agile development methodologies and can work equally well in either mode depending on the needs of the company. Having come from a software product company you will have experience working in a Microsoft tool stack environment One of your key strengths will be to engage with external clients across various levels of the organization, engaging in discussions that will fully capture possible enhancements and upgrades to Compas ™ in their environment. Detailed documentation is another area where you are pro at what you do. You are responsible for all documentation specific to business, functional, technical and testing requirements where you will then engage with both the client and our internal development and data teams. This position requires someone with a lot of passion and energy with great interpersonal skills, and superior command of the English language.
- Meticulously develop detailed business requirements for our software platform to enable detailed technical design, thorough test case development and best in class software development.
- Work independently and lasso all software and business requirements throughout our product development cycle (Agile & Waterfall) for Core product evolution and custom requirements from our customer base.
- Lead requirement sessions with clients and Orbit Product Owners to elicit User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Assist the ELT in the development of the Product Roadmap
- Work effectively with internal UX, .NET MVC development teams and clients to identify, document, and prioritize requirements
- Ability to work within challenging scopes, and deadlines to meet clients’ expectations within tight timelines
- Anticipate and communicate road blocks, conflicts, and obstacles within design reviews and help resolve application and production issues being able to articulate in both a technical and non-technical discussion
- Create, streamline and maintain document libraries for internal and external solution delivery including requirements templates, user story guides, administrator guides, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with 6 – 8 years Business Systems Analyst with information systems experience in business process analysis, requirements and design, data modeling, detailed functional design, test planning, and UAT execution
- 6+ years’ experience writing detailed business requirements documentation and functional specifications to a software product development environment within a startup or smaller software firm
- Proven ability to coordinate a diverse set of business users to develop cohesive and streamlined requirements, documentation and user acceptance criteria
- Must have led content and documentation for 10+ business application/ product implementations (Upgrade or New)
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in working with internal/external stakeholders and eliciting business requirement with strong writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in Agile software development methods, practices, and tools.
- System implementation and support experience from gathering and documenting complex business requirements through testing and production rollout
- Excellent change management leadership skills including communication, testing, training and business system and process transformation
- The ability and desire to contribute independently to a dynamic, challenging and entertaining work environment with a team of individuals and a company that will support you in as you evolve in your career
- Experience with BI reporting solutions, analytics, dashboards and or scorecards
- Experience with mobile app technologies (i.e. iOS, Android, data flow models, etc.)
- Ability to query data and understand database objects
- Experience with Contact or Call Centre or Human Capital performance data and reporting
- Familiarity with SaaS web applications in .NET Microsoft stack and SQL Server environment.
Additional Info: Education Required:
- Degree in Business or Computer/Information Technology -
- PMP or IIBA