Vice President of Software Development & Platform Operations
Job Status: Fulltime
Location: Markham, ON
Orbit Group Partners has created an unmatched Enterprise SaaS platform to optimize Human Performance in operations such as Call Centre, Back Office and Retail stores. We are experiencing rapid global growth and looking for a proven leader to take our talented development team to the next level and lead the product development and expansion.
Reporting to the President of Orbit, the VP has overall responsibility to lead, develop and oversee a team of IT professionals who are responsible for the architectural design, requirements, development, and optimal operations of the Orbit Compas SaaS platform. The team currently consists of approximately 20 staff, comprised of Architects, Full Stack developers, Data Architects, database developers, UI/UX designers, ETL developers, business analysts, and Command Centre (Help Desk) staff. The VP is responsible for providing vision and leadership in both the development and operational arms of Orbit. The VP will be responsible for the IT infrastructure and operations required to maintain a 24 x 7 operation.
- Provide strong and collaborative leadership to the Technology organization and other organizational areas such as Account Management and the Senior Executive team.
- Development and ongoing management of the Product Roadmap for the solution.
- Provide team members with an environment of growth opportunities through formal performance measurement and management including scorecards, coaching, mentoring, feedback and staff development
- Demonstrated experience managing an Agile and Waterfall development practice
- Oversee both internal and external IT hardware and software support resources to ensure our SaaS infrastructure as well as various Orbit office locations are running optimally.
- Oversee and manage all appropriate Capacity Planning activity for resources, infrastructure and expense
- Provide technical leadership and direction to design, build and configure system solutions, that align to the functional and non-functional system requirements
- Interact with business leaders to identify areas of improvement in their environments to achieve success
- Accountable for the successful delivery (on-time, on-budget, with high quality) of all Software Development Sprints and Releases.
- Establish a system of operational performance measurement and management including individual and Group scorecards.
- Ensure the team is aligned with corporate priorities, adhering to processes and procedures, providing quality and timely development team deliverables
- Implement and ensure ongoing compliance with all IT policies and procedures
- Support Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity efforts by contributing to the development of BCP / DRP plans, and engaging in periodic BCP / DR Test activities
- Provide subject matter expertise in various components of the Microsoft stack, including: SQL Server, IIS, and Windows Server.
- Oversee the Customer Support organization to ensure SLAs are met with appropriate oversight and executive reporting.
- Physical, virtual and cloud based systems design and deployments
- Proven experience leading an Enterprise B2B Product development team in MS pure stack technology with deployments across the globe.
- Technology focus has been Angular, Microsoft .Net, SQL 2012 or 2016, Hyper-V, and Azure hosting
- Well-developed leadership capability including Performance Management and Measurement, Coaching and Employee Development.
- Strong knowledge of formalized software development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Strong organization, budget and project planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), report writing, documentation.
- Detail oriented with the ability to communicate technical information.
- Effective executive level presentation skills with experience presenting internally and to external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of working in a customer focused, responsive development organization while at the same time aligning work to the Road Map.
- Experience with assessing the benefits and risks of a global virtual development organization and successful implementation of this model where appropriate.
- 10 years’ practical experience in Software Systems Engineering, Design, Architecture roles. Experience in a SaaS environment preferred.
- 10 year’s team leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead IT professionals and a proven ability to communicate with technical and non - technical staff across multiple disciplines
- Delivering excellent technical support and exceptional customer service in a global multi-client, a 7/24 environment, with ability to support on-call and emergency / escalation work requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, Master’s Preferred,
Additional Info: We are looking for a leader that:
- Has an entrepreneurial mind-set and be willing to do whatever it takes
- Focused on developing our amazing employees
- Overseeing and supporting a true performance optimization culture (after all it is what we sell)
- Willing to do the big and small things without a blink of an eye
- And able to delegate where it needs to be
- Has an engaging personality
- We know it’s an IT job but why not
- Focused on accomplishing great things
- AND having fun