Senior SQL BI Developer
Job Status: Fulltime
Location: Markham, ON
Company Description: A Canadian success story! Orbit Group Partners is a leading contact centre consulting firm who is quickly emerging as a formidable enterprise software solutions provider to the Global contact centre industry. We give our clients better results than typical contact centre systems through a total work out that strengthens every part of their organization. Providing our clients a superior product which includes follow through that will sustain their newfound vigour. At the heart of our method are proprietary products and systems that have been consistently effective in reducing costs and increasing revenue for our clients.
Job Description: We are seeking a highly talented, self-motivated individual with a complete Microsoft SQL Server BI stack. You will work closely with our Architects and Software Development teams to build and deliver Business Intelligence platform for our Fortune 500 clients. You have worked with both relational and OLAP engines and are at ease with developing T-SQL stored procedures. Ability to understand in-memory technologies and experience with performance tuning large complex production systems is a must. Demonstrated experience with performance dashboards and scorecards is desirable.
- Prepare detailed requirements to develop business intelligence platform for Orbit’s COMPAS solution using M/S BI Suite.
- Design and develop logical and physical data models. Strong understanding of Star Schema is required.
- Strong database development experience. Proficient with CTEs, UDFs, XML support and Cursors. Able to write complex stored procedures.
- OLAP design experience and demonstrated ability to aggregate large datasets with millions of rows.
- Ability to write complex SSRS reports with data visualizations connecting with both relational and OLAP models.
- Write SSIS Integration packages for ETL.
- System / Database performance monitoring, tuning and benchmarking in multi-server virtual private cloud environment
- Troubleshooting of database platform, SQL, SSIS/SSRS and related application issues.
- Deployment and/or rollback execution to support releases.
- Maintain code in a version control system supporting multiple branches / deployment paths
- More than 10 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server in large enterprise environment.
- 5 years of BI experience with M/S OLAP technologies.
- 5 years of ETL and Data Integration development (analysis, design, documentation, programming) preferably in a complex data systems with daily feeds from several heterogeneous systems
- Ability to provide technological solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- Exhibit strong critical thinking, analysis, troubleshooting and judgment skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple complex projects/tasks effectively
- Thorough understanding of software development environment and best practices related to data warehouse development.
- Must work effectively and produce quality results, working independently and without supervision
Additional Info: Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Masters in Data preferred
- Microsoft Certifications