Senior Director Software Development & Platform Operations
Job Status: Fulltime
Location: Markham, ON.
Level: Senior Executive
Company Description: A Canadian success story! Orbit Group Partners has created an unmatched solution to provide the platform to optimize Human Performance in operations such as Call Centre, Back Office and Retail stores. Our installation base is Global with Fortune 100 customers. Our platform continues to evolve. We need bright minds with proven capability to create world-class software solutions. We are growing and using the latest technologies to drive that growth. If you want to be part of a dynamic team focused on creating a truly amazing product and delivering the highest value to our customers, come join our team!
Job Description: Reporting to the President of Orbit, the Senior Director has overall responsible to lead, develop and oversee a team of IT professionals who are responsible for the architectural design, requirements, development, and optimal operations of the Orbit SaaS platform. The team currently consists of 15 staff, comprised of .Net developers, Data Architects, database developers, user experience designers, ETL developers, business analysts, and Command Centre (help desk) staff. The Director is also responsible for providing vision, and leadership, in both the development and operational arms of Orbit. This includes, IT infrastructure and operations required to maintain a 24x7 operation.
- Provide strong and collaborative leadership to the IT department, and other organizational areas, such as Account Management and the Senior Executive team
- Development and ongoing management of the Product Road Map for the solution
- Provide team members with an environment of growth opportunities through formal performance measurement and management including scorecards, coaching, mentoring, feedback and staff development
- Demonstrated experience leading an Agile methodology development practice
- Deliver forecasts for resources and funding required, to achieve annual work plans, ensuring the right balance of internal to contract ratio
- Interact with external business leaders to identify areas of improvement in their environments to achieve success
- Accountable for the successful delivery (on-time, on-budget, with high quality) of all Software Development Sprints and Releases
- Provide technical leadership and direction to design, build and configure system solutions, that align to the functional and non-functional system requirements
- Establish a system of operational metrics to measure, monitor and improve project delivery and operational performance
- Ensure the team is aligned with corporate priorities, adhering to processes and procedures, providing quality and timely development team deliverables
- Implement and ensure ongoing compliance with all IT policies and procedures
- Foster strong vendor partnerships that encourage collaboration and offer improvement opportunities
- Support Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity efforts by contributing to the development of BCP / DRP plans, and engaging in periodic BCP / DR Test activities
- Provide subject matter expertise in various components of the Microsoft stack, including: SQL Server, IIS, and Windows Server.
- Responsible for the corporate infrastructure, network, telephony, and internet
- Product support and vendor management
- Physical, virtual and cloud based systems design and deployments
- Proven experience leading an Enterprise B2B Product development team in MS pure stack technology with deployments across the globe.
- Angular, Microsoft .Net, SQL 2012 or 2016, Hyper-V, and Azure hosting
- Well-developed leadership capability including Performance Management and Measurement, Coaching and Employee Development.
- Strong knowledge of formalized software development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Strong organization, budget and project planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), report writing, documentation.
- Detail oriented with the ability to communicate technical information.
- Effective executive level presentation skills with experience presenting internally and to external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of working in a customer focused, responsive development organization while at the same time aligning work to the Road Map
- 10 years’ practical experience in Software Systems Engineering, Design, Architecture roles. Experience in a SaaS environment preferred.
- 3 year’s Director level team leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead IT professionals and a proven ability to communicate with technical and non - technical staff and clients across multiple disciplines
- Delivering excellent technical support and exceptional customer service globally, in a 7/24 environment
- Ability to support on-call and emergency / escalation requirements
- Designed and championed an Agile environment (preferred)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, Master’s Degree Preferred