SaaS Application Project Manager
Job Status: Contract Open
Location: Markham, ON
A Canadian success story! Orbit Group Partners has created an unmatched solution to provide the platform to optimize Human Performance in operations such as Call Centre, Back Office and Retail stores. Our installation base is Global with Fortune 100 customers. Our platform continues to evolve. We need bright minds with proven capability to create world-class software solutions. We are growing and using the latest technologies to drive that growth.
As a SaaS Application Project Manager you will have implemented SaaS Microsoft applications as part of your career accomplishments. As an ideal candidate you will be proficient in Agile concepts and usage in managing clean application delivery with key sprint due dates. You will perform at senior level working closely with external clients and leading the project cycle with internal teams. You thrive in environments where various client factors and requirements are at play; successfully deliver product evolutions and product enhancements; managing budgets and resources; strong documentation of all project requirements, process and tool utilization.
- Develop and manage project plans; obtain appropriate client and internal approvals and sign-offs;
- Identify, develop and implement project management processes;
- Identify and obtain project resources with appropriate skill levels;
- Develop and manage project schedules and time/ $ budgets in order to deliver the project on time and on budget;
- Proactively track & monitor financial health and status of project; proactively track all risks, issues, changes, deliverables, etc.;
- Identify and assess risks, severity and impacts, determine and implement risk mitigation strategies, communicate risk to stakeholders as appropriate. Manage and mitigate all risks throughout life-cycle of the project;
- Identify and manage all deliverables; understand and practice Quality Management; responsible for quality of all deliverables;
- Take action on issues of non-compliance;
- Manage scope; clearly define scope; obtain buy in from stakeholders; identify impact of potential scope changes (budget, timelines, business), identify and manage "scope creep"; implement and manage a change management process;
- Identify issues and manage as appropriate within the project. Escalate issues to appropriate level and manage through to resolution;
- Identify and articulate problems accurately; collect data and investigate thoroughly; analyze and synthesize information meaningfully; present options and practical solutions; document process; consider impact of problem and solution;
- Keep lines of communication open among all project stakeholders;
- Plans, organizes, leads and manages project team assignments, activities and project team members; including contractors, 3rd party vendor resources / tasks and internal members;
- Effective use of project team resources; manage resource utilization;
- Plan for and conduct regular project team status/review meetings;
- Prepare and/or present projects status reports to various levels within management and the client;
- Schedule and manage implementations;
- Conduct post project reviews/ lessons learned;
- Facilitate design sessions, act as facilitator during requirements gathering, design sessions, project or deliverable walk-throughs; workshops, meetings, etc.;
- May manage multiple concurrent projects;
- May manage a team of project managers;
- May act as Program Manager;
- May conduct interviews with prospective new hires;
- 5+ years experience working in a professional services firm or software development organization acting as a Project Manager with SaaS MS Applications implementations as part of your accomplishments.
- Project Management: Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of products; Systems Development and Project Integration expertise; end to end project lifecycle including business case definition, requirements & architecture through development & implementation expertise.
- Agile: Proficient in Agile concepts and usage. Certification as a Scrum Master is a major asset.
- Written Communication: Excellent written communication skills: Is clear, accurate, and concise. Has excellent grammar; able to use technology appropriately; has good use of graphics; context is appropriate to the audience and subject.
- Oral Communication: Enunciates clearly; listens carefully; questions astutely; able to paraphrase; adapts vocabulary appropriately; presentation skills well developed.
- Results Oriented: Gets the job done right; delivers results; continuously improves; displays a dynamic approach; displays energy and enthusiasm.
- Flexible: Adaptable to different circumstances; receptive to change; willing to learn; takes on additional responsibility as needed; willing to change priorities.
- Judgment: Considers context; weighs options; understands priorities; understands consequences; makes appropriate decisions with consideration for priorities and consequences.
- Creativity: Willing to present new ideas; looks at things in a new way and shares ideas: novel approach to existing processes or problems.
- Initiative: Self-starter: perceives a need and fulfills it in a relevant way without being asked.
- Strategy Formulation: Reviews and analyses market/competitive data; has vision which is logical and long-term; is creative/innovative in strategy development; operates co-operatively to obtain all points of view; considers interests of all stakeholders.
- Technology Developments: Stays current; can discuss developments intelligently with peers; has a general hunger and inquisitiveness for information and learning; is broad-minded/open to new ideas; has good critical facility to judge relevance and applicability of current events and trends.
- Efficient Use of Resources: Understands corporate priorities and translates these into own work responsibilities; structures and organizes work and resources to maximize efficiencies.
- Manages Change: Plans for and is proactive about change; encourages new approaches; fosters an environment where team members brainstorm ideas; helps team members through change
Additional Info: Education Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Master’s Degree preferred
- PMP Certification is an asset
- Certified Scrum Master is an asset