Data Integration Specialist (Microsoft SSIS) Developer (Contract) X 2
Job Status: Fulltime
Location: Markham, ON.
A Canadian success story! Orbit Group Partners is a leading contact centre consulting firm who is quickly emerging as a formidable enterprise software solutions provider to the Global contact centre industry. We give our clients better results than typical contact centre systems through a total work out that strengthens every part of their organization. Providing our clients a superior product which includes follow through that will sustain their newfound vigor. At the heart of our method are proprietary products and systems that have been consistently effective in reducing costs and increasing revenue for our clients
We are seeking highly talented, motivated individuals with SQL Server Integration Services experience. This individual will work closely with our Data BI Architect and Software Development teams to support and evolve our custom BI application software solutions. If you have superior interpersonal skills, excellent command of the English language (oral and written) and demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server Platform, you just might be the person we’re looking for. This position will work closely with our client’s in-house technical staff to determine and define where data required in our application resides and then quickly build ETL that will import that data in the most efficient and effective way into Orbit’s Compas solution. The successful candidate will be brought in to grow and further refine the role and will be responsible for supporting the full life cycle of client data integration. These tasks will be performed in conjunction with the customer implementations and ongoing support of existing installations.
- Review and verify requirements to develop data integration packages on Microsoft platform.
- Document source to target data mapping.
- Design, develop and run SSIS integration packages on different versions of SQL Server.
- Write SQL Server stored procedures to transform data in the target state
- Schedule and monitor all data integration systems.
- Troubleshooting of database platform, SQL, SSIS/SSRS and related application issues.
- Deployment and/or rollback execution to support releases.
- Tune SQL queries and overall database performance
- Maintain code in a version control system supporting multiple branches / deployment paths
- 6 years of hands on data integration development (analysis, design, documentation, programming) preferably in a complex systems environment
- Must have configuration and deployment experience of SSIS packages in production environment
- Must have solid command of Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SQL 2014 and SQL 2016
- Must have solid experience with data cleansing and error handling
- Exhibit strong critical thinking, analysis, troubleshooting and judgment skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, complex projects/tasks effectively
- Must work effectively and produce quality results, working independently and without supervision
Additional Info: Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Masters in Data preferred
- Microsoft Certifications